Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Reading

I thought that when I left Stanislaus County behind for Merced, I'd be giving up the better of the two library systems.  I was thrilled when I went to get my library card at our local branch to find out that I not only have access to Merced County's library stash, but eight other systems as well- Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Porterville, Tulare, and Coalinga-Huron.  It's way better than Stanislaus!  Oh, and now that I live in town the library is just a four block walk down our street.  Yay!

I just got a shipment of books that I had placed on hold from the various libraries all over the inter-library system and can't wait to dive into them.  Most of my stack will provide good fodder for discussions on this site:

1. Plan bee by Susan Brackney
2. Black Plants by Paul Bonine
3. Creating Your Backyard Farm by Nicki Trench
4. Raising Fishworms with Rabbits by Howard Mays

5. Bulbs in the Basement, Geraniums on the Windowsill- How to Gorw & Overwinter 165 Tender Plants by Alice and Brian McGowan
6. How to Sew a Button and Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew by Erin Bried
7. 62 Projects to Make With a Dead Computer and Other Discarded Electronics by Randy Sarafan
8. Good Mail Day- A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art by Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler
9. Green Guide for Artists- Nontoxic Recipes, Green Art Ideas & Resources for the Eco-Conscious Artist by Karen Michael
10. Blogging for Bliss- Crafting Your Own Online Journal, A Guide for Crafters, Artists, and Creatives of All Kinds by Tara Frey

So stay tuned for reviews and such on these in future posts.  I'm going to go curl up with one of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment