Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Behind Schedule

Yesterday I did not get to drill the 2x4's for the chicken coop cottage because house cleaning ended up taking the whole day.  (Mom's coming to visit this weekend.)  So since we won't get to go out this weekend, we also decided to have date night yesterday which cancelled out any extra time in the evening.  Sigh.  I didn't get a chance to do it today either, as I still had more cleaning to do, and a fig tree to plant.  I may be able to squeeze it in this evening before dusk...

Lola the cat inspecting the planting of the magical fig tree.
The fig tree is somewhat magical, as it just appeared out of nowhere in my old yard at the ranch. My mom has one in her own yard, but there are quite a few dozen yards in between. It must have been the result of a bird dropping a seed, but I had no idea a fig could sprout that easily. It's also a magical tree, because it's been living in a bucket in very poor soil for almost a year, with spells of neglect and no water.  It's determined to live and grow, and now it's finally got it's chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment