Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lazy Day

Since I have a sore toe, I figured it would be a good day to stay off my feet and keep my toes from being bound up in shoes. That meant no working in the garden today and I was a little bummed because I wanted to finish some beds that I had started yesterday.  My feet are pretty useful in the garden, so I decided that taking care of them for future use took precedence. Okay, I admit I wasn't that bummed after a week of hard work. I spent most of the day working on this blog (it takes me a while to figure all this tech stuff out,) as well as lazing about on the sofa with my stack of library books.

Today I finished Raising Fishworms With Rabbits. It's an ancient book (1981), but it was the only one I could find in our library system on the topic. Who would have thought that worms and rabbits would go together like peas and carrots? Apparently worms love rabbit dung!  Since we plan to get a pair of Giant Angora Rabbits next Spring for wool (I can't wait to learn to spin!) and had planned to get our worm bin filled soon anyway, we figured we might as well build some beds under the rabbit hutches and grow more worms for other gardeners as well as harvest the black gold compost.  Lee has been pining away for an English Lop like the one he had in his early twenties, so I guess we'll have a trio of bunnies. I also think these Flemish Giants are really neat. Hmm, maybe we'll have four...

No comments:

Post a Comment