Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fertilizing the Mind's Garden

I love my library. Without it, our backyard homestead might not exist. Well, I guess the internet is to thank for some of that inspiration too, but anyway I won't go on with a big rant about how important libraries are, you already know that. I also won't go on a big rant about how our libraries struggle, you already know that. What I will say is that you should do all you can to support your local library. I donate my used books to the library's book sale, and I volunteer at least one day a week. Libraries can always use help, so stop by and see what you can do! Suggest hosting a free event on gardening, or guide a children's activity in planting a homemade terrarium. You get access to tons of books for free, so give something back.

No comments:

Post a Comment