Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Farmer Jane & Edible Estates

Farmer Jane: Women Changing The Way We Eat by Temra Costa was a great book. I didn't have time to finish it before the due date, but I would definitely check it out again or pick up a used copy. It's very informative and inspiring! I definitely want my own tractor now! What I liked best was that at the end of each chapter, there was a section called "Recipes for Action" which gave you ideas on how to join in this force of women farmers, whether you are just an "eater", a farmer or have a food business, with simple things that you can do.  ****
Edible Estates: Attack on the Front Lawn, 2nd Revised Edition wasn't exactly what I had hoped it would be, but it was still cool nonetheless! I was looking for a book that had a listing of edible plants and their care that you could use in front yard landscaping. What I got was a really interesting book with a brief history of lawns and gardens, arguments against lawns, and the mission statement of the Edible Estates project- which is to replace lawns with edible landscapes. The book documents the first four lawn replacements that the project has implemented.  ****

No comments:

Post a Comment