Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Empire of Crap

It's Wednesday, which means it's library day. Every week I have a new stack of books to pick up that I've requested through the interlibrary loan. One book I am happy to return (and so glad I didn't shell out any cash for) is My Empire of Dirt: How One Man Turned His Big-City Backyard into a Farm. This guy was no backyard homesteader, he was a was a total animal abuser. Really, I thought this was going to be another enlightening, inspiring and entertaining tale like Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer, or Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life, but it certainly is not. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money, and certainly not your time. Let's hope there's something waiting in my stack of books at the library to make up for this horrendous piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment