Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Organic Purple Carrots

The last trip to the farmers market saw us home with another two canvas bags full of delicious organic produce, including purple carrots! This was the first time I actually saw real purple carrots for sale anywhere and I lucked out and got the last bunch. They were a bit sweeter, and definitely had a different taste than the orange ones we usually get. They are all gone now, needless to say they were excellent!

I have always been a carrot fanatic. I eat at least 2 pounds of raw carrots a week, and I have eaten carrots this way for as long as I can remember. You could say I am a sort of carrot junkie, because I get super bad cravings for them daily.

So imagine how thrilled I was to find The Carrot Museum! I love this site and want to just devour the whole thing. Wow, who would have ever thought you could make a musical instrument out of a flippin carrot! I know that California has a festival for just about every vegetable you can think of, but I had no idea there was a Carrot Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment