Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I'm Reading Ripe Now


The last book I finished (er, well half finished, thanks to one week library check outs! Bah!) was Ripe from Around Here: A Vegan Guide to Local and Sustainable Eating (No Matter Where You Live) and I absolutely did not want to give it back to the library. Alas, I finally had to give it up after accruing a week's worth of overdue fines. I'm going to put it right back on my request list though, unless I happen to acquire my very own copy soon.

Jae Steele is a holistic nutritionist, and in this book she emphasizes the importance of both organic and local food all wrapped up in a pleasant vegan package (you aren't going to find any mean self-righteous vegan talk here.)

Yesterday was interlibrary loan delivery day at my local branch, and I should have a nice big stack waiting for me. The library opens in a little over an hour from now. I can't wait to see what I got this week! Lee has gotten on a blacksmithing kick since we visited The Northern Mariposa County History Center a couple of weekends ago and he saw the blacksmithing display. Now he has stacks of blacksmithing books lying around, and another stack waiting at the library. {eye roll}

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation - I just requested it from our library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete