Sunday, July 31, 2011
It Can Be Done
I used the bread and butter pickle recipe from Put 'em Up, and even though it came out good, it wasn't as sweet as the homemade bread and butter pickles that were given to us from a friend of Lee's mom last year, and we loved those pickles. So I think next time I will try another recipe.
My first solo jam session was a bit of a mess, as I wish I had a couple extra sets of arms. I think I may have crushed the strawberries a bit too much because the bottom half of each jar is jelly and the top half is jam. I didn't get all of the foam out either, but I read online that foam isn't too much of a big deal. It's going to take some practice to get it perfect, but at least right now it's still edible.