Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cheese-free Quesadillas

This is my favorite snack as of late, quesadillas without the cheese (and all the fat, cholesterol, and lactose.) How is that possible? Hummus. I was skeptical that it would work, but yUh-hUm-mMm! And so simple!

I just slather some hummus on one corn tortilla (flour works too, we also tried whole wheat and it was pretty good,) then slap another tortilla on top of it. Brush a little bit of oil (whatever vegetable based oil that suits you will work) on the top. I don't like super greasy food so I just use the barest amount, but if you are all about frying, by all means, go ahead and drown that sucker. Flip it into a pan, oil side down, over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Brush oil on the opposite side and flip it over and let that side get golden brown. Slide onto a cutting board. Chop that baby up into however many pieces you want, and voila! Serve with your favorite salsa.

If you want to get all fancy, make your own darned hummus and salsa. If you really think you are all that then make your own tortillas, too. Go on, I dare you. [wink]

No comments:

Post a Comment